This year’s EUROPEAN DRONE FORUM by UAV DACH eV is offered as a combined event. In addition to the classic face-to-face conference (in compliance with Covid 19 regulations), there will be a video conference that will be made available to those who prefer to join us online.
The EUROPEAN DRONE FORUM (EDF)is dedicated to the specific needs of the drone community. The focus will be on the acceptance, safe and commercial operation of UAS. Renowned experts from politics, business, legislation, research and development will provide valuable insights into current questions and topics. The EDF is likely to be one of the few opportunities for discussion and exchange of views in 2020 aimed at addressing the tasks and challenges of the unmanned aerospace industry while identifying new opportunities. The main focus will be on the operation of unmanned systems within the framework of European legislation in order to initiate further strategies and to promote business models and technical developments.
- Action plan on UAS – policy statements and discussions
- UAS Operation Beyond Visual Line of Sight (BVLOS)
(European legislation, understanding of the applicant and the authorities involved, cross-border flight operations, pilot qualifications, experience reports and practical experience)
- Flight operations in urban airspace (UAM)
(legal framework, overflown areas, European and international concepts of the U-space, operation of UAS in the airspace of the U-space, air navigation service providers, joint information service)
- Sensor data for detection and defense
(threat assessment for Europe, legal framework, multiple sensor for defense UAS, sensor fusion )
Call for papers
- We would like to integrate your specialist knowledge! The Call for Papers for the European Drone Forum 2020 is online at https://edf.uavdach.org. The forum is dedicated to practice-oriented lectures, workshops and discussion groups on the trends and topics of unmanned aircraft systems from business and science. Interested parties can submit their contributions until August 15, 2020 (date extended!) And thus actively participate in the forum.
- In order to meet the high expectations of our forum participants, we will select contributions from your submissions that we will implement in our conference lecture program. In addition, we will compile a brochure that also contains the contributions that could not be implemented in the conference program and that also meet our high quality criteria. The brochure will be made available to all participants and interested parties from the drone community.
Tickets for online and on-site participation can be booked on EuDroneForum.net
Images and quotes courtesy UAV DACH/ European Drone Forum